Everything hurts from the gym last night and I’m okay with that.
Wondering about a vegan diet?
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed and roughly chopped (8 to 10 cups)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon miso, preferably white or yellow (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red chili flakes (optional)
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a food processor, pulse kale until finely chopped. You’ll probably need to do this in two batches.
- Add kale to a large bowl along with ricotta, Parmesan, eggs, shallot, garlic, miso, thyme, lemon zest, nutmeg and chili flakes. Mix well until all the ricotta has blended in with the kale.
- Divide among 10 medium-sized muffin cups and bake 20 minutes. Let cool several minutes before unmolding.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat and toast sesame seeds until golden, about 3 minutes. Serve kale cups with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds on top.